Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Quote me Happy - I should say "not"

I had my car insurance quote through for £590. I called Norwich Union to query the price and was advised that they could do it for £500.

The only reason they could give for the sudden reduction was that they gave me the special "online" discount.

I have been what one could call a "lazy" policyholder when it comes to shopping around for quotes (sad really as I have worked in insurance for over 20 years!



Anyway, decided to look around for a new quote and heard about this site called Confused.com.

A great site - managed to get a quote for £300 (which had a lower excess than NU) with a company called MasterQuote.

I would recommend every one trying this site for Car and Household insurance. You only have to put the information in once and it searches all the different insurers web sites for quotes.

No comments: